Prev: Re: needle beam thoughts Next: Re: Multiple Launcher Packs in SGII

Multiple Launcher Packs in SGII

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 19:17:54 -0500
Subject: Multiple Launcher Packs in SGII

	I've got a whole bunch of the "Space Ranger" figures put out by
Grenadier (Now put out by ICE. Nice deal in either case; you get 50
reasonably nice placstic figures for $30.00.  Sure, the officer figs are
kind of stupid looking, but I can handle that.), and I am currently in
the
process of writing them up for SGII.  Each figure is wearing a large
backpack with two projections on it, which come up over each of the
figure's
shoulders.  One of the projections contains what appears to be a
searchlight.  That's not the problem.  The other side has what appears
to be
a missile pod, with four missiles in it.  I intend to use those as
Multiple
Launcher packs, but it seems a bit extreme to have the whole unit
carrtying
them.  I mean, it makes sense to equip everyone in the unit the same
way,
but having the capacity to roll 4d8 (for a 5 man unit) plus the regular
support weapon and the unit quality die...  well, it just seems a bit
nasty.
Can you have multiple support weapons firing at the same target in a
single
action?  Yes, I can minimize the damage by limiting the MLP shots (2 or
three per game, like the book says), and will almost certainly do so,
but I
want to be sure that I have the rules more or less correct here.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: needle beam thoughts Next: Re: Multiple Launcher Packs in SGII