Prev: Re: FT III alternative rules Next: Re: Full Thrust Mail Archives...

Apology and Hit and Run Rules (longish)

From: ericski@m... (Eric Fialkowski)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 00:34:21 -0500
Subject: Apology and Hit and Run Rules (longish)

First let me apologize for my rant about the list being off subject a
few
weeks ago.  I miss the list too much to not be more understanding for
the
occasional off-topic subject.

Second, my Hit and Run rules for boarding actions:
Sometimes you may not want to take over a ship with a boarding assualt
(like
when you're outmassed by alot) but would like to send troops over to do
some
possible damage.  You can only either do a boarding action or a hit and
run
attack, you cannot do both to a ship.
There is one extra piece of book keeping that is required to use these
rules.	You must assign gaurds from the defending boarding parties to
various components (like the FTL drive, normal drives, wepaons, etc.)
that
could be damaged by a threshold roll.  In an all out assualt, these
troops
are used normally.
To conduct a hit and run attack, 1/4 of the normal boarding party
factors
can be sent over and each factor can attack different components.  To
determine if it is successful or not, find the defenders vs attackers
ratio
and consult the appropriate chart:
	Def vs Atk
	  2:1
 R    1   BP killed, no damage
 o    2   BP killed, no damage
 l    3   BP killed, no damage
 l    4   BP killed, 1/2 defenders killed
      5   BP 1/2 killed, 6+ threshold
      6   BP 1/2 killed, 5+ threshold

	  1:1
 R    1   BP killed, no damage
 o    2   BP killed, no damage
 l    3   BP killed, 1/2 defenders killed
 l    4   BP 1/2 killed, 6+ threshold
      5   BP 1/2 killed, 5+ threshold
      6   BP 1/2 killed, 4+ threshold

	  1:2
 R    1   BP killed, no damage
 o    2   BP killed, 1/2 defenders killed
 l    3   BP 1/2 killed, 6+ threshold
 l    4   BP 1/2 killed, 5+ threshold
      5   BP 1/2 killed, 4+ threshold
      6   BP escapes, 4+ threshold

Descriptions:
	Should be self explanitory
Modifiers:
	Passive scan only -2
	Normal Active scan +0
	Enhanced/Superior roll of:
		1-2	  +0
		3-4	  +1
		5+	  +2

I haven't been able to test these yet (finals and such) but would like
some
feed back (you know like, we've already done that...here's are rules)

Thanks much
   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: Re: FT III alternative rules Next: Re: Full Thrust Mail Archives...