Prev: Re: Council of War, Next: Re: Armored Missiles

Re: Armored Missiles

From: Brendan Pratt <pratt@m...>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:59:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Armored Missiles

Rick Rutherford wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Chad Taylor wrote:
>
> > I've noticed that some people on the list have complained that
Missiles
> > are too powerful.  This has been the opposite experience in our
campaign.
> > What we have seen is the mounting of 3-5 PDAF on a large Capital
(100
> > mass) and smaller ships mounting an ADAF and maybe a PDAF as well.
Fleet
> > encounters usually mean that a typical missile will have to survive
about
> > 8-12 dice of AF fire.  Not many get through.
>
> It depends on how you handle groups of missiles:
>
> If you have a group of 4 missiles coming at a capital ship that has
> 6 PDAFS, do you let all 6 PDAFS shoot at each of the 4 missiles one
> at a time, or do the 6 PDAFS get one shot at all 4 missiles before
they
> hit?
>
> In the first case, it's likely that none of the missiles would get
> through, while in the second case, it's likely that 3 of the missiles
> would get through.
>
> My group has always handled missile groups like fighter groups; i.e.
you
> only get one shot at the group before it hits.  This is what makes
them so
> devastating.
>
> Rick Rutherford

As I understood it - the rules as they are written indicate that this is
the way it is performed 1 salvo against all the incoming missiles or
fighters - otherwise it is impossible to overwhelm a targets defences -
he simply keeps getting more *DAFs to shoot back with...

Brendan

Prev: Re: Council of War, Next: Re: Armored Missiles