Prev: Re: Conventional DS2? Next: RE: DS2 Miniatures (was Re: Conventional DS2?)

Re: Another dumbass Q

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:47:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Another dumbass Q

Thomas Granvold wrote:
>Re: plastic bases
>
>Mike Miserendino wrote:
>> I broke off the tips as well and just drilled 1/8" holes in the minis
>> fully insert the stem of the base, and used the strongest
plastic/metal
>> expoxy I could find - Not one has broken yet
>
>     So, what expoxy do you use, or how can I tell if an expoxy
>works on plastic and metal?

I have been using J.B. Weld to attach all plastic to metal surfaces with
excellent results.  It is a two part epoxy (50/50 mix).  It can also
connect
other materials as well.  I found out about it from a friend who knows
someone that used it fix a crack in an engine block with excellent
results.
This epoxy takes about 6 hours to cure, so if the fit is not tight you
will
need supports for the mini (c-clamps, rubber bands, duct tape, etc.).

Another product I will try soon is called Loctite Weld.  I use other
Loctites for metal to metal contact when the fit is tight.  We use
loctite
at work when building industrial automation components that might be
subjected to extreme stress and temperatures.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Conventional DS2? Next: RE: DS2 Miniatures (was Re: Conventional DS2?)