Prev: RE: Should I go for it? Next: FMA/Full Thrust combinations

Re: New threshold levels.

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@d...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:39:36 -0500
Subject: Re: New threshold levels.

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Adam Delafield wrote:

> OK. A point was raised yesterday about Large ships hardly ever taking
> critical damage. Here is a proposal for new damage layout that should
> alter this. It gets away from the three class split and defines a ship
> purely on the bulk/hull integrity.

Call me a reactionary, but I like the fact that capital-class ships are
hard to kill. They're big, tough and mean, and have the staying power to
go from one battle to the next (especially in a campaign game).  The
resilience of capital ships also helps the survivability of escort-class

ships -- if your opponent decides to pound on your capital ship, your
escorts will be spared (for that turn, anyway).  Otherwise, escorts tend
to go up like popcorn.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: RE: Should I go for it? Next: FMA/Full Thrust combinations