Prev: RE: Should I go for it? Next: RE: Mold Master

RE: Conventional DS2?

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 03:11:43 -0500
Subject: RE: Conventional DS2?

Date sent:  19-NOV-1996 09:06:08

>I've been going over my stash of unpainted lead and I came across some
T80s,
>M1A1s, Bradleys, and BTRs that I'd purchased aeons ago for a modern
armour
>game that never materialized. I went through some of my modern armour
rules,
>and realized that none of them are as fast paced as DS2.

>You've probably guessed the purpose of this thread. I've been thinking
of
>Mark Siefert's future history and I got thinking about current and near
>future weapons. For instance, I thought of giving the T80s a size 3
(maybe
>four) fast-tracked vehicle with armour 3 and a class 3 HVC with a
chemically
>fueled engine. M1A1s would be size 4, fast tracked, armour 4 and a
class 4
>HVC, with a CFE.

>Does anyone have any comments on this?

Was it Mike E. that wrote the WW2 conversion for DS2? In it was a few
new types of mobility that may be useful to you. These included Wheeled,
(Half way between a road vehicle and a HM-Wheeled, to be used for Jeeps,
half tracks etc). And Very Slow Tracked. Almost all WW2 armour became
slow tracked (I think it was base move 8", but I couldn't be sure.)
I think they behaved as road wheelers on road and HM off road. Could be
used for Land Rovers etc.

I would then class the above MBTs as slow tracked, and make slower
vehicles
Very Slow Tracked.

Just a thought.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: RE: Should I go for it? Next: RE: Mold Master