Prev: Re: U.N. Troops in Stargrunt II Next: Cosmic Balance + FT

Re: Eureka Miniatures (was U.N. Troops in Stargrunt II)

From: "Evan Powles" <epowles@p...>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:19:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Eureka Miniatures (was U.N. Troops in Stargrunt II)

----------
> From: Jeremy Sadler <sadlerj@zen.ocean.com.au>

> > Eureka Miniatures in Victoria is the supplier - Nick Robson runs a
mail
> > order distribution	business
> > at
>
> I know about Eureka, have for a little while... was hoping for the
details
> of some other place that had better (ie longer, ie more accessable)
> hours... :)
>
> > No Fax, so phone or mail orders only - 10am to 5pm Tuesday to
Saturday

> As I found out today, when I went to go visit and arrived to find the
place
> closed. <sigh>
>
> > Tell him where you heard about it... maybe he might consider coming
into
> > the 20th century :-)
>
> <gasp> You mean... staying open a bit later to cater for those people
for
> whom "late night shopping" is a way of life? ;)

In defense of Eureka, it is a one-man operation and Nic Robson already
devotes very large chunks of his life to the company. When he isn't in
the store during the nominal opening hours it is generally on a work
related matter (picking up stock, away at a club meeting or
convention or on his annual expedition to the UK).

It is always best to ring Eureka first to confirm he will be there, if
you
want something specific this also gives him a chance to cast it up
if it's not in stock.

Yes, a fax machine would be nice (he has been told this more than
once), but I think he does have an answering machine.

I have no commercial connection with Eureka, beyond some proof
reading of the new catalogue in exchange for a handful of 1/6000
ships, but have always found Eureka a pleasant place to buy
wargaming stuff.

Prev: Re: U.N. Troops in Stargrunt II Next: Cosmic Balance + FT