Prev: Re[2]: Looking for a new home. Next: Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk

Re[2]: Dirtside II Mortar Teams

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 06:32:39 -0500
Subject: Re[2]: Dirtside II Mortar Teams

Dear all,

Just a small request, please could you include a sig (at least your
name)
in posts to this list. The way that the list and my mail system works is

that I can't see who wrote the message, unless its in the body of the
mesage. (Yeah, its my cr*pp* mail system again).

Who wrote the message below please?

I would be nice to know, cause this (along with Iceburgs rules) are good

candidates for inclusion in a DS2 supplement - and you want credit,
don't
you?

Mike  Elliott, GZG

_________________________________
Subject: Re: Dirtside II Mortar Teams
Author:  SMTP:owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk/ at INTERNET
Date:	 13/11/96 08:18

I've been playing infantry mortars exactly as light artillery with the
following exception.
1)  Must be on table:  I assume that the rounds have been made smaller
and
the tubes lighter by removing propellent rather than warhead.
2)  The team may only carry enough ammo for one effective fire mission.
They
may resupply normally and my stockpile additional ammo from carriers at
location, allowing them to fire more missions, but if they have to bug
out,
may only take one with them.
3)  No move and fire on same activation:  Reflects time required to
set-up
weapon system.
4)  Team requires double capacity in vehicles

A note on the last item.  I'm going to try allowing a team with any Size

class one man-pack weapon to be used.  All will utilize the no move and
fire
and double capacity above.  GMS/L teams will fall under this category.
A new
GMS/P team will be able to operate exactly as a normal infantry of its
type.
 The GMS/P will have a range of 24", draw two chits, and cost 15/20/25
for
the three guidance levels.

Comments?

Prev: Re[2]: Looking for a new home. Next: Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk