Prev: Re: The Delights of Denver Next: Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk

Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

From: guay@p... (Tim Guay)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:29:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

>>Then you haven't seen the what twin 40 mm could do to a destroyer.
>
>I was thinking of the 12" armor belt of a battleship.	P'Ting, P'Tang
might
>scratch some mighty fine looking grey paint.  It just comes across as
>unrealistic to have the possiblity of some pea shooter on a scout do
similar
>damage as a major weapon.

You have a point there, my intent was for dual-purpose weapons to engage
escorts. so change to 6 does on hit on unshielded and unarmoured then
shielded or armoured cruisers and cap ships are safe, however the tin
cans,
lancers, etc
are vulnerable as they should be. (the Slot battles in the Pacific. etc)
And if a cap ship is so shredded that it lost its shields, then the hull
is
likely to so ruptured and weakened than such a weapon
could damage it and push already weakened systems over the threashold.

To get the Reliant stitching the unshielded Enterprise with pulse phaser
effect is also what I'd like to replicate.

Prev: Re: The Delights of Denver Next: Re: Space battle above, was Re: Land Battles on, Basilisk