Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers) Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers)

Re: Looking for a new home.

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 20:33:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for a new home.

Not to go too far off-topic, but....

Excerpts from FT: 13-Nov-96 Re: Looking for a new home. by Allan
Goodall@sympatico.
> >It might also encourage more use of .m for painting tips etc, and
keep the
> >'for sale' posts in their place.
>
> That wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd also "pad" the suggestion with a
> rec.games.miniatures.marketplace group. It should have been created
when
> r.g.m.w, r.g.m.m, and r.g.m.h were made. Then the "for sale" posts
would
> have a proper place, and anyone looking for miniatures auctions
wouldn't
> have to look in rec.games.board.marketplace and
rec.games.frp.marketplace.

I'm not really sure it would help.  Yes, people would send their "for
sale" or "wanted" lists to .marketplace, but I've never seen a
.marketplace that kept the for sale postings, much less the watned ones,
from appearing on a specific newsgroup.  People seem to have few if any
qualms about crossposting in this regard.  Besides, the miniatures
groups are pretty distinct (historical serves historical minis,
warhammer serves mostly GW minis, etc) and the gamer types don't tend to
cross-pollinate that much -- not that I've seen, anyway.  So, as it
stands now, the for sales for warhammer games don't tend to bother the
historical gamers, and vice versa, a situation I'm quite willing to live
with.

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu