Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers) Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?

Re: Looking for a new home.

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 15:09:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for a new home.

In message <009AB51B.175B4B4A.378@basil.acs.bolton.ac.uk> Adam Delafield
writes:

> The powers that be (not me this time, the Usenet people) were very
resistant
> to r.g.m.warhammer simply because it was specific to Games Workshop. A
gzg
> group would meet as much, if not more resistance.

If I recall, the objection was to r.g.m.games-workshop, rather than
r.g.m.warhammer. One can play a "warhammer"-universe (or whatever you
call it) game with any rules or figures. I don't read r.g.m.wh but I
recall a somewhat subversive campaign on r.g.m where a list of
GW-esque figures was maintained.

> >I doubt that r.g.m.sf would
> >succeed in a voting process since it would essentially leave r.g.m.m
empty.

> It might also encourage more use of .m for painting tips etc, and keep
the
> 'for sale' posts in their place.

There should've been an r.g.m.marketplace.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammers/Forever War (Was Re: Starship Troopers) Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust?