Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Next: Re: Yanks...

Re: Starship Troopers

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:24:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers

>Man, you'd have to be pretty young to swallow the political
>bullshit Heinlein peddles. <snip>

The point of reading fiction is not to indoctrinate oneself into a
fiction writer's perspective of the story, but to appreciate the
craft of the book and what it is attempting to portray.( In my
opinion.) I for one have always found Heinlein to be a Jolly good read!!
Starship Troopers was innovative in a number of ways, especially as to
the
portrayal of Military Science Fiction. Anyone who enjoyed John
Carpenter's Aliens film should realize that it owes a big hat tip to
ST.
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.

Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Next: Re: Yanks...