Prev: Stargrunt available in Wollongong! Next: RE: Hallo and SFB to FT?

Re: Hallo?

From: "J. Scott Miller" <smiller@i...>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 09:33:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Hallo?

Adam Delafield wrote:
> <Mark Seifert's comments snipped>
>
> Perhaps if the other 50% of you had bothered voting....
>
> Look on the bright side, you've still got congress.

Interesting little factoid I heard the other day.  It seems that one of
the greatest contributers to low voter turn out in the US isn't voter
apathy, but incompetant culling of registration lists.	It was estimated

 that at least 10% of every districts registered voters, and as high as
30% in some areas, are dead or have moved.  Nobody got around to taking
them off the list of people expected to vote.  So, someone who moved 3
times over 5 years would be counted as 4 people eligible to vote, but as

only 1 person who voted.

Anyway, I found it interesting.

Scott

Prev: Stargrunt available in Wollongong! Next: RE: Hallo and SFB to FT?