Prev: Re: APC additions Next: Re: APC additions

Re: APC additions

From: "Joe A. Troche" <trochej@s...>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 02:47:42 -0500
Subject: Re: APC additions

At 11:45 AM 11/1/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>>	   I still need to consider a couple of other things:
>>	   1.  Should this system effect submuntion packs and
scatter-guns?

>Submun packs are just lots of small dumb missiles and a scatterpack a
>cloud of small railgun projectiles, I'd say yes.
>
>>	   2.  Should I limit the number of times you can use a APC?
(i.e.
>> can a APC run out of APs?)
>
>I don't think so. Looking at the size and weight of an aircraft chaff
>cartridge, you could load an enormous amount of these in a 1 mass
>projector.
>

>Ludo

How dense is this ablative cloud anyway?  Can anything smaller than a
Cruiser class vessel pass through it? ;)

Normal (20th Century) chaff (not ablative foam propellant) confuses
radar
and heat seeking missiles.  It don't stop 20mm or even small arms -
except
for a fortuitous ricochet.

I don't think APC should effect solid projectiles except missles and
then
only if it includes some "regular" chaff in addition to the ablative
material.

Joe

Prev: Re: APC additions Next: Re: APC additions