Prev: Stargrunt Question. Next: Re: question for Englanders

Re: question for Englanders

From: "Nick Meredith" <nickm@d...>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:56:17 -0500
Subject: Re: question for Englanders

On 25 Oct 96 at 13:23, Otterboy wrote:

> I am going to be stuck in London's heathrow airport for something like
> six hours in a couple of weeks.  Since you can't get anything GZG in
Austria
> (where I normally live) without ordering it, I though I might use my
time
> profitably by wandering around London and buying stuff.  Are there any
game
> shops that you can get to from Heathrow in a couple of hours by public
> transportation?  Or is this just wishful thinking?

Suprisingly there are very few game shops in London. Worse still, if
you are interested in miniatures there are very few shops in Britain.
Most gamers over here buy their miniatures at shows or by mail order,
and the hobby is not large enough to support shops - or maybe another
way of looking at it is that the cost of operating a shop is too
high (especially as our planning rules virtually force it to be
separate from the the manufacturing side of things),

If you are looking for miniatures, probably the best thing to do is
use 10 minutes of your time to buy a few British wargaming magazines,
then send off for catalogues and buy by mail order. Use the rest of
your time for a bit of sight seeing.

If you are interested in board games, or role playing games there are
a few places. If so, drop me an email, and I'll send through the
details.
Cheers
Nick Meredith - nickm@discover.co.uk - Coventry, UK

Prev: Stargrunt Question. Next: Re: question for Englanders