Prev: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...) Next: RE: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)

RE: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:52:30 -0400
Subject: RE: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)

Date sent:  24-OCT-1996 14:50:15

>Yesterday or so, Aaron Teske wrote (something I managed to delete
before
>I could send this mail):

>[on the size of the Eldar holoflage tech - I'd use 5% of hull mass,
Aaron
>prefers 20% or so]

>No. 20% means far too much hull mass per weapon. According to Eldar
>doctrine, ships should be fast, have lots of firepower, and go BOOM as
>soon as someone actually manages to hit them through the holoflage
<vbg>
>If the holofields are too mass-intensive, the ships will take too long
>go BOOM... which (since I don't want to reduce _weapon_ masses on Eldar

>ships) leads me to either small protective systems (the holoflage) or
>increased available hull space per hull mass (since ether sails as I
>envision them are not very mass-intensive).

How about using something like 75% capacity 25% damage for the Eldar
rather than the standard 50/50 split?

P.S. It looks like Mike Elliots fileserver has fallen off the edge of
the world. (The errors report it as being somewhere in France?)

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...) Next: RE: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)