Prev: Re: DSII: Maple Leaf decals (and much more) Next: RE: Geohex in the UK Question

Re: Small ship survivability

From: ericski@m... (Eric Fialkowski)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 01:58:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Small ship survivability

	I like using small ships.  In a recent game, I used 9 mass 4
"system
interceptors" that each had 3 sub-munitions.  I flew the very fast up to
Kra'vak superdreadnaught and unloaded.	He decides to only attack 2 that
turn concentrating on my capital ship that was approaching.  In all, I
had 1
damaged (can't figure out how a 2 DP ship managed to only get "damaged")
and
2 others destroyed.  They could just do a single pass, but thats what
they
were designed for.
	I don't think small ship survivability should be changed.  A
decision as to which ship to fire on has to be made.  If a player
decides to
split his fire up amongst the smaller ships, pound on him with the
heavies.
If he decides to pound the heavies... well, you get the point.
   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: Re: DSII: Maple Leaf decals (and much more) Next: RE: Geohex in the UK Question