Prev: Re: Beam Batteries and Honor Harrington Next: Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L

Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 13:21:20 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L

Alex Williams wrote:
>If you go by DIRTSIDE II mechanics, GMS units on vehicles are
>infinite-firing devices.  The number of tubes just indicates how many
>missiles they can fire off per round.

Wrt DSII, this is correct.

>If that seems a bit gratuitous to you, pick a number (I rather like 5,
but
>it could vary) and divide the cost/space of the GMS by it, and say that

>the base tube comes with only X missiles, with additional rounds
>costing/spacing Y.

See SGII p.30 AMMUNITION SUPPLY "..or any similar weapon...". The
question
is whether a GMS/L is a similar weapon to a GMS/P? In my view it is, so
the
ammunition supply rules would apply, but a vehicle mounted weapon should

probably have more rounds available than the smaller man-portable type.
dunno, say 5?

OTOH, you might prefer otherwise. Its up to you and what best fits your
background.

Alex's idea above might work quite well. What would that give for the
LKPzW
VI (Gauntlet)?

>Myself, I rather like them being infinite-fire.  Given the average
>lifespan of vehicles in DSII, you'd think they'd carry enough firepower

>for any immediate engagement.

Unless the scenario dictated otherwise... Like I said above, ultimately,

its up to you.

Talking about the Gauntlet reminds me. Jon showed me some preproduction
samples of the Gauntlet in 1/300 (i.e. for DSII) yesterday at SELWG.
Very
nice. The first production models of this and a number of other 1/300
scale
versions of the 25mm models will be available in the UK sometime between

now and Christmas. In the US they should be available early next
year(???).
I'll keep you informed.

Mike Elliott, GZG

Prev: Re: Beam Batteries and Honor Harrington Next: Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L