Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Beam Batteries

Re: Tactics and methods of the ESU Red banne

From: "Joseph L. Haygood" <jhaygood@a...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 09:48:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Tactics and methods of the ESU Red banne

I have never much liked the wave guns in FT. They seem way too powerful.

I now know your plans my comrade and you will start your US tour with a
string of losses.

(evil, smirking, all knowing grin)

Jay

At 04:56 PM 10/11/96 +0000, you wrote:
>The ESU Red Banner Fleet (ESURBF) is around 8200 points. It consist 7

>Capital ships. The Superdreadnougth USS Ho Sin, Fleet Carrier USS
Admiral
>Kosnetzov, Attack Carrier USS Keiv, Battledreadnought USS Sverdlov,
>Battleship USS Potomkin,Battlecruiser USS Kirov and the Auxilery
Carrier
>Crimson Midget. I don' propose to list all the cruiser and escorts I
will
>compile an e-mail which the design of the ships in the near future.
There
>is a cruiser squdron of assorted types. There is the missile squadron,
>frigate squdron, and last, the penal corvette/scout squadron armed with

>scatter packs.
>
>My general battletactic is to form up the fleet on the table top with
two
>wave gun armed capital ships on the flanks. The carriers in the centre

>with assorted escorts. The remaining capital ships distributed in the

>battleline. The missile squadron is in front along with the penal
>squadron.
>
>My general tactic is to close with the enemy. The penal squadron closes

>with one enemy ship, the survivors firing all the submunition packs
into
>it. The missile squadron is general armed with EMP missiles if fighting

>NSL (he uses armour not shields), otherwise assorted mix. They are
fired
>at a range of less the 36 inches. I try to saturate the enemies PDAFs
and
>ADAFS.  As the range close I try to envelop the oposing fleet so that
the
>wave gun capitalships fire enfiled down the oposing group. My fighter

>tactics are to use a mix of interceptors and torpedo fighters. I leave

>these with my fleet so as to provide myself with extra fire power when

>the battle gets to close order.
>
>Well there you have the  'trade' secrets of the ESURBF. I know they can

>be beaten and I do vary them, but they only really work well on a table

>top were you have artificially fixed flanks. A variation for the floor
is
>to fire missiles from the flanks forcing the enemy to scatter or evade
in
>towards the centre and play as usual.
>
>Well they will coutmartial me for this!
>
>Simon Campbell-Smith
>aka Grand Admiral Simonov
>ESU Red Banner Fleet
>
>PS I can't type
>
>Attachment Converted: C:\Mspring2\DOWNLOAD\WINMAIL3.DAT

Once more dear Friends, into the Breach !!

jay.haygood@mindspring.com    -or-	 SnailMail:
jhaygood@mindspring.com 			     Jay Haygood

				6662 Wildwood Court
				Lithonia GA USA 30058
http://pages.prodigy.com/CivilWarIntro
http://www.mindspring.com/~jhaygood

Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Beam Batteries