Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Beam Batteries (long)

Re: Re[2]: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

From: "Gee, that photon torpedo was clo-#/&%*.. NO CARRIER" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 17:17:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Re[2]: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

>>  In B5, telepathy only works on line of sight (been stated several
times,
> although it's been contradicted several times too). The minbari have
their
>groovy VR display tech, so I don't think they should suffer from this
>restriction.. <
>
>  I think we're missing the big flick here.  The Minbari didn't have
blood
>coming out of their eyes holding one shadow vessel each, and their eyes
were
>shut _and_ they weren't even on the bridge or near a viewport...

Well, actually, there was at least one Minbari telepath whose eyes were
bit...roving, shall we say. Not shut.

>  Propose this: LOS gives a +1 bonus for the telepath target roll, this
>modifier cannot raise the final roll above 5.
>
>  (Therefore, it doesn't matter if your P10 is closing his eyes,
blindfolded,
>or just blind)

I still hold that LOS is a 'crutch' with telepaths (human telepaths,
anyway).

Maybe we'll get more info on this come the rest of season 3 and then
come
season 4 (and that means, all you guys on this side of the pond, we put
adequate spoiler space in those msgs! :). I won't comment about the rest
of season 3 (whether or not any are warrented on this topic) until after
they've finished airing here (although I *have* seen 'em :).

Ehhh, my 2 pence worth.

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Beam Batteries (long)