Prev: Re: Re[2]: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

Re: DSII: infantry models?

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 12:19:46 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: infantry models?

<< I've been looking for some infantry figs for DSII, but have some
 questions...

<<Had anybody seen CMD's infantry? Are they good detail?

I've got one pack (Infantry Advancing in Full Kit, 5 poses).  The detail
is
pretty good on helmets and packs, but the weapon is a small rectangular
boxy
thing.	The models are kinda hunched over and the legs are a bit short,
but
pretty good.  The "5 poses" unfortunately refers to 5 types of
backpacks.

 Has anyone used Ral Partha's Kurita/Davion infantry for BTech? What
 about the detail on those?

Pretty good detail on these.

How do these figs size-up against each other? That is, if I get one
 type, will the others looks like giant mutants? ;)

The Ral Partha's are a bit bigger scale (I'd gues about 8mm), but would
work
fine for power armor I'd think.

 I'm looking for figs that will match the scale of the vehicles, unlike
 GW's epic stuff (how on Terra would you fit ten Marines in a dinky
 Rhino?).

Well, for true scaling, I'd suggest going with moderns.  The closest
I've
come in Sci-Fi is Scotia MicroMiniatures (available in the US from
Simtac).
 They have a number of different models.  I've got Battle Armored
Troops,
Strike Troopers with Pulse Rifles, Prone Rocket Teams, Lying Troopers,
and
LasGun Support Weapon on GravSled.  The detail is so-so, but they paint
up
well and are very close to 6mm (except the prone rocket team which seems
little big.  However, this is a really cool model.)  The support laser
turns
out to be about the size of a MMG, so I base it with a lying trooper and
use
them as APSW stands.  The are a few types of combat powered armor in
their
line which range from slightly bigger than unarmored troops, up to
Infantry
Walker size.  There is more in their line but these are the one's I've
bought.  I've seen some of the others and they are all about the same
quality.  One drawback is that most packs come with all the same
trooper, but
you get about 50 for $6 so it works out pretty well.  For Power Armor, I
use
the Scotia stuff as well as buying up every pack of the old altenative
armies
citymap minis that I can find.	The crusader packs are the best.

Later

Brian

 I'm going nuts, 'cause I want lots of PBI running around getting capped

 by armor but I have no infantry figs other than epic. Those cartoony
 color schemes just don't cut it on the DSII field!

 thanks,

 Christopher >>

Prev: Re: Re[2]: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)