Prev: SGII: Rommel Hover Tank w/ Rail Gun Next: RE: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths

Yet another Armor Idea

From: ericski@m... (Eric Fialkowski)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 00:56:00 -0400
Subject: Yet another Armor Idea

	I have been thinking about the armor works, especially after
seeing
how unfair it was in a battle I played last weekend(and I was the one
using
it.)  Basically, armor is not anything new for humans.	If it was so
cheap
in terms of trade offs, why wouldn't humans use it?  They would use it
unless there was a really good reason not to.  I propose radiation
damage.
My variant has beam weapons having a chance to do damage like an EMP
missile
to unshielded targets.	To determine if extra damage is done, look at
the
_unmodified_ die roll damage from beams.  For each _ten_ points of
damage
that _would_ have happened to a ship without armor, each internal system
must make a threshold roll of "6" or have it's circuits fused.	I'm
going to
do some more playtesting this weekend but I would appreciate any feed
back.
   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: SGII: Rommel Hover Tank w/ Rail Gun Next: RE: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths