Prev: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter Next: Re: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter

RE: Scatter Packs

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 11:50:19 -0400
Subject: RE: Scatter Packs

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Adam Delafield wrote:

> A lot of people seem not to care that the Kra'Vak are much more
powerful,
> considering it to be 'flavour', but personally I have always seen a
problem
> like this occuring.

I heartily agree!

> The rules for Kra'Vak are, IMNSHO, unsuitable for play in anything
other
> than a pre planned GMed scenario. If FT were a competition game, you
would
> have no reason not to play Kra'Vak.
>
> Try doubling the mass of all Kra'Vak only weapons (rail guns and
scatter
> packs) and you might bring them closer to the realms of playability.

I don't remember what I got for scatterpacks, but I did one calculation
where all railguns should have mass = class+1 and cost = 6*class (ie, a
class 2 railgun would have 3 mass and cost 12).

I usually use an adaption of Ludo's beam rules, though, so it is
probably
not as well balanced for the standard rules; but I think it would be
fairly OK. Together with increased drive costs for Kra'Vak drives
(...+50%? don't remember any longer... too long since I did any design
work) it seemed to balance pretty well for equal-points battles (which
_is_ a fairly good way to set up a one-off battle - if you just say
'bring
all you've got' the biggest purse (or the fastest painter, depending on
the players <g>) will win!)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter Next: Re: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter