Prev: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

From: mllaneza@s... (Michael Carter Llaneza)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 11:41:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

> 1: My take is that Disruptors do more damage w/ less range.
>
> 2:Quantums do more damage, (1d6+1 ?) Its hard to tell if there is a
> range difference. We have been playing that if a target is
> unsheilded, photons do 150 damage and quantums do 200% damage.

The problem with designing rules for Star Trek, is that nothing is ever
explained in detail, and what details are shown aren't always
consistent. My advice for doing a set of Star trek ships and rules is
to either:

1) Design for effect. Write rules that will _feel_ like STar Trek to
_you_. That's what Mark Kochte did with his Babylon 5 rules.

2) Find a set of existing Star Trek rules and use that as a yardstick
for comparing ships and weapons. Either FASA's old set of rules, or
Star Fleet Battles would work fine.

Either way, you end up with a (relatively) original set of rules that
you and your friends will like.

Michael Carter Llaneza
http://www.hypnotic.com/
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions