Prev: DS2: How many spaces for a minelayer? Next: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

From: ericski@m... (Eric Fialkowski)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 18:31:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

>Hello Everyone:
>	A recent post on the rec.games.miniature.misc newsgroup has
inspired me
>to come up with some with my own set of Star Trek rules for Full
>Thrust.  I do have a couple of questions about ST weapons technology:
>
>	1.  Which are stronger, phasers or disruptors?

Depends on what you watch / read.  Star Fleets Battles has disruptors as
being the Klingons heavy weapon.  The various TV varieties seem to be
more
like an alternate phaser, maybe a little more powerful.

>	2.  What's the difference between photon torpedos and quantum
>torpedos?

Quantum torpedos seem to be more powerful.  Either that or they are
slightly
less powerful but have a higher rate of fire making them more powerful
in
the long run.
   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: DS2: How many spaces for a minelayer? Next: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions