Prev: Beam Batteries Next: RE: Babylon 5 Ground Combat?

Re: Beam Batteries

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 14:52:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Beam Batteries

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, David Kendall Lewis wrote:

> This is my first message to the Full Thrust mail group, so forgive me
if I
> am covering already hashed over ground.  I just bought the game and
it's
> More Thrust last night and I am having a problem with Beam Batteries.
>
> Unless you only have 1-2 mass left on your ship, I can't see a time
where
> you would want to buy anything *but* A batteries.  A Batteries are
clearly
> superior in a cost/benefit analysis which I show below using the
lowest
> common denominator for mass (6):

	There have been multiple solutions to the problem.  Some of the
most common are 1) increase the mass of A batteries to 4 without
increaseing cost.  2) as you mentioned increase the cost of the
batteries. 3) do both 1 and 2.	4) make A batteries a higher "tech"
level and thus only available to more advanced races.

There are probably several other ways to deal with this but these are
probably the most common.

--Binhan

Prev: Beam Batteries Next: RE: Babylon 5 Ground Combat?