Prev: Re: Credit in a GZG Publication Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures

Re: Credit in a GZG Publication

From: "Nick Meredith" <nickm@d...>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 16:39:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Credit in a GZG Publication

After lots of discussion of legal rules, someone wrote:

> Unfortunate as it sounds, I think Tuffley is currently pursuing the
best
> policy, as least from a legal standpoint.

I think people are missing the point somewhat.

Perhaps Jon Tuffley reshapes other peoples ideas before he publishes
not for any legalistic reasons, but rather because he prefers to do so.

What I mean by this is that as a designer he may have a strong
personnal vision of the game and the setting he is producing, and
with this may well prefer to include things the way he thinks of them
rather than directly as supplied by other people.

This is not meant to be a criticism of Jon, just a possible reason
for choosing to act in that manner.
Cheers
Nick Meredith - nickm@discover.co.uk - Coventry, UK

Prev: Re: Credit in a GZG Publication Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures