Prev: FYI: Death Star To Open Day Care Centre (fwd) Next: Re: FYI: Death Star To Open Day Care Centre (fwd)

Re: FT3, details of needed changes

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 16:39:09 -0400
Subject: Re: FT3, details of needed changes

then Alexander Williams wrote:
>Maybe its just me, but I'm a hesitant fellow to make `how fast it can
>go' cost determined by the `mass' of vehicle its mounted on, for this
>and a handfull of other reasons.  How much the /drive/ masses is
>related, and that much mass will cost different amount for larger
ships,
>but adding in some kind of sliding scale starts getting just a bit too
>points niggly for me.
>
>I might build a 6 Thrust dreadnaught, but it should be
points-intensive,
>I think.

AFAIK all ships are capable of a max thrust of 8, if designed that way.
It
is more costly to build a thrust 6 capable DN than a thrust 2 for
obvious
reasons(namely more energy required to push a larger body of mass,
increasing as acceleration needs increase).

Mike Miserendino

Prev: FYI: Death Star To Open Day Care Centre (fwd) Next: Re: FYI: Death Star To Open Day Care Centre (fwd)