Prev: RE: Danger Spoiler. B5 question Next: Re: TV SF's glorious past ;-)

Re: Can I send attachments to the list?

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@d...>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 05:45:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Can I send attachments to the list?

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> It all depends on the format of the attachment. My system cannot read
> the VINsomething.DAT files you attach; but I can save them as a
separate
> file until I find a program able to read them. Well, I could save them
if
> I managed to find enough disk space...

The WINMAIL.DAT is an little piece of information that gets sent along
with his e-mail messages that is interpreted by other people's WinMail
readers.  To those who don't use WinMail, it's as useless,
space-consuming
and pervasive as the "Good Times" virus.  (WinMail is EVIL!)

By the way, this is the first time I've seen a Swedish accent typed in a
message rather than spoken :)  (WINMAIL.DAT --> VINMAIL.DAT)

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: RE: Danger Spoiler. B5 question Next: Re: TV SF's glorious past ;-)