Prev: Re: FT Roleplaying (long) Next: Re: FT Roleplaying (long)

Re: FT Roleplaying (long)

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 14:38:38 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Roleplaying (long)

At 09:21 PM 9/8/96 +0000, you wrote:
>James,
>
>I really like those rules for FT RP.  Quick, and effective.
>
>You left some stuff off, that I assume you use in your games and
>just didn't include in your posting.
>
>What are the skill positions in your opinion?	I assume you use
>a floor plan of the ship while gaming (how else would you determine
>when a Doctor "gets to" an injured person?)  What time duration do
>you give a FT turn--this would affect how much your characters
>get done during a turn.  You mention skill roles for maneuver, firing,
>etc.  Are these like the ones that Scott put up, or do you have
>a different version, or are those rolls (yes, I'm referring to "rolls"
>not "roles"  just now.  That's a typo 3 lines up.) based on the RP
>system you use?  What RP system do you use?  A commercial set or one
>of your own?
>
>Enough.
>
>Out here,
>
>	-monty

	I don't have a complete set of rules for PCs/Skilled Officers. I
always intended to convert the Legendary Officers rules from Star Fleet
Battles but I think I'll just go with what Scott's doing. As for moving
around from location to location, I would just assume a one turn delay.
Engineers can start in Main Engineering, Auxillary Control or the
Emergency
Bridge (or the Main Bridge, Scotty was hanging around there a couple of
times, same for Geordi). I would assume the Doctor starts in an
unspecified
Sickbay or on the Main Bridge (Bones would loiter there pretty often
just to
find out what was going on). Everybody else (except for Marine Officers
and
Pilots) should probably start the game on the Main Bridge. Pilots
obviously
go to a fighter bay, but I have no idea where a Marine Officer would
start
if he isn't on a troop transport. If the "Marine Commander" were a
ST:TNG
Security Chief, he'd start on the Main Bridge, so I guess that's where
he
should start the game too.

	I dunno.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: FT Roleplaying (long) Next: Re: FT Roleplaying (long)