Prev: Re: SSNs, SSKs, Aircraft etc (was Tours) Next: Re: Torpedoes

Re: Micromachines Ships

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 05:41:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Micromachines Ships

>>  Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:25:27 -0400 (EDT)
>>  From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@cris.com>
>>  Subject: Re: Micromachines Ships
>>
>>  Karl Schmidt wrote:
>>  >I think a better measure of ship size would be
>>  >volume (to account for varying plastic densities, and even usable
for
>>  >metal minis) but I don't have access to the equipment to do this.

Howabout the Archimedes method for calculating displacement:

Provided the minis don't leak faster than you work, why not take a
measuring cup with a known quantity of water, and plunge the mini
into it, holding it by its base, and see how far the water rises?

The previously suggested modelling clay mold filled with water, idea
seems a bit over-engineered to me. Besides how accurate do you _need
to be?

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: Re: SSNs, SSKs, Aircraft etc (was Tours) Next: Re: Torpedoes