Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: RE: Tours

Re: Tours

From: Wuerthele@a...
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 05:18:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Tours

"You should try it on an SSG, as opposed to an SSN. The smell of the
diesel
comes out after a few months on shore. Sorta."

  Yuck.

"Only for a few minutes. Roomy. Luxury. Ever been on an Oberon? A Type
209?
Or, Godde Forbidde, a Type 206? See, I used to work for the makers of
Sonars
on the d*mn things..."

  Been on a 206 as one of those goodwill ambassador type things while we
were
in Norway earlier this year.  Not pleasant.
  It's interesting how the "roomy, luxury" scale varies.  I've had
boomer
squids come down to my humble 709 and say it's the worst thing they've
ever
been on.  Now there's luxury, a 726 class SSBN...

  -Mike

Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: RE: Tours