Prev: Re: Micromachines Ships Next: Re: Micromachines Ships

Re: Micromachines Ships

From: timj@u...
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 05:34:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Micromachines Ships

> Do you treat the Micromachines ships for being the scale they're
> supposed to be, or for the size the model is?  I'd rather do the
> latter, but I've got way too many capital ships if that's the
> case.

I always use them for being the scale they're supposed to be. The range
of Star
Trek models is very good for 'canon' modern ships and cannot be beaten
by any
other manufacturer past or present.

Doing it the size the model is seems weird to me as if we are being
really picky
then the models should be little dots if we take the distance between
ships as
the true scale or even an abstraction.

I image the ship model is an icon for the actual craft it represents. If
you
want to get all scaly then you can do it for the popular backgrounds but
its not
worth the effort I'd rather play the game, but if scale modeling matters
you...

I think it was Task Force Games who brought out / or annouced they were
bringing
out a range of ships which were about 1 inch in size so that they gave a
better
scale feeling. Did anyone ever see these. I have often toyed with the
idea of
scratch building such a fleet of microtures for star trek but the effort

involved was too great when I had lots of colour counters from SFB
already.

Tim Jones
timj@uk.gdscorp.com

Prev: Re: Micromachines Ships Next: Re: Micromachines Ships