Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Next: Re: Stargrunt II

SGII burst radiuses (??)

From: burg@e... (Iceburg)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 23:13:03 -0400
Subject: SGII burst radiuses (??)

What's the plural of "radius"? Radiai? Radiuses?

What do people think of artillery burst radius rules? I assume that when
artillery is called in, more than one shot is fired. I kinda liked the
way
the old WH40K handled it (havn't played the new one) with putting down
many
smaller templates. Does anyone remember the old Thudd Gun burst template
rules? I like the idea of a more dispersed impact zone, it adds a bit
more
randomness to artillery strikes (which is something artillery strikes
should
have) and I kinda like slowly seeing my artillery deviate than to just
stick
down a huge burst template.

I'm trying to incorporate some of my old 40K weapon systems into SGII if
you're wondering why I brought this up. I also want to give players a
reason
to spread their squads out a bit instead of bunching them all together
behind a tiny bit of cover. With the current huge burst radius rules, it
doesn't really matter if you're spread out or not, everyone in the squad
will still get hit anyway. :P

-Greg

Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Next: Re: Stargrunt II