Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Next: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:48:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

<sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk>
> writes:
>
> >Never played Star Warriors, and ever since I took out a star
destroyer
> >with a single TIE interceptor (first time I played TIE fighter), I
> >haven't paid much attention to using the computer games as a useful
> >source of information...
>
> And HOW praytell did you do that? Were you in invulnerable mode? I
have
> never been able to even weaken one's shields!

It's easy. After making sure it is all on its own, you make repeated
runs at it, dodging any incoming fire and firing at it as often as
possible whenever you have the chance. Since a couple of hits will
destroy you, you are only allowed to make one mistake...

Once it's shields are down, switch to ion cannons and repeat the
above until all its systems are knocked out (it can no longer fire
at you). Then, sit at whichever place gives you the most pleasing
perspective, and hammer it with standard lasers until it rolls over
and dies.

Takes about 10/15 minutes from what I remember, and it's very easy
to make a mistake (ie not dodge a shot from it) and die. But it is
possible, and doesn't require a great deal of skill.

And no, I wasn't using any cheats.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Next: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)