Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)

Re: Fighter Numbers/Regroup Option

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 13:06:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighter Numbers/Regroup Option

Mike writes:

> joachim wrote:
>  >  One thing they never mention is whether you can combine damaged
>  >fighter groups into (fewer) new, undamaged groups.
>
>  Interesting idea.  A group would probably be limited to 6 fighters
again,
so
>  you might only combine groups totaling <= 6.  Maybe have groups
combine by
>  touching each others bases at the end of movement and elect a regroup
option
>  which might say, prevent them from making an attack that turn since
they
are
>  busy trying to form up.  Next turn, replace the bases with one base
>  indicating the new number of fighters combined and move/attack as
normal.
>  Any attacks made against the fighters during the regroup must be made
>  against an individual group, not the combined group until the
following
turn.

Hmmm...presumably, 6 pilots who have trained together will be a more
effective team than 6 who have never met. Maybe fighters from the same
carrier could combine without penalty, but combining fighters from
different
carriers creates a squadron of "turkeys" as per MT? Of course, I can't
think
of any real advantage to having 1 squadron of 6 fighters, as opposed to
2
squadrons of 3 each, so there'd be no incentive to regroup? Is there?

Scott Field

"Four brave men who do not know each other will not dare to attack a
lion.
 Four less brave, but knowing each other well, sure of their reliability
and
consequently of mutual aid, will attack resolutely.  There is the
science of
organization of armies in a nutshell."		   -- Ardant du Picq,
1868

Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)