Prev: Re: Valiant/Hinchliffe miniatures Next: FAQ?

Paint scheme

From: John Dattalo <jdatalo@e...>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 03:46:28 -0400
Subject: Paint scheme

I just purchased a pretty good size fleet of ESU ships (some of which
will be kitbashed to make new classes) to add to a large invasion
force which are going to be deployed against a NAC/FSE alliance.

Most of the ships I have been using are only painted with a base coat of

white or grey primer.  I have not had time to paint them, every time I
think I'll have some spare time I end up using the ships in a FT game
(much more fun than painting).	But now I have committed my fleets to
three convention demos/scenarios, as well as a Third Solar War campaign.

I figure its time to paint my fleet.

What I was wondering is what are some of the various paint schemes used
on ESU/NAC/FSE ships.  I have read the FAQ and it gives some good info,
but I just thought that I would ask around.

I plan on painting my ESU ships with a base coat of Ral Partha Colonial
Green, with Poly S Interior Green and Med. Green as secondary colors.
The models will be washed with a Colonial Green/black for depth and
shadows and the drybushed with Colonial Green/Interior Green for
highlights.  I also plan to use various contrasting light browns/Dull
for accents and a red star painted on the wings.  Finally I am going to
seal with gloss, and a light black wash for detail, and a final coat of
lusterless.

So thats my idea, what do ya think.

Thanks in advance.

John Dattalo (jdatalo@erinet,com)
  Rear Admiral, (Commander) 8th ESU Attack Squadron

Prev: Re: Valiant/Hinchliffe miniatures Next: FAQ?