Prev: Re: Mars Next: Re: Re:Something Strange..

Stargrunt II

From: "Joseph L. Haygood" <jhaygood@a...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:17:35 -0400
Subject: Stargrunt II

Not to change the subject...

In SGII it says you can detach part of a squad to do some other
activities
that the whole squad doesn't need to do (recon, setup fire base, etc).
The
Squad leader spends an action to detach. Ok. But then later it says the
Squad Leader must role a successful communication action to have
detached
guy do something. That leaves only 1 action for his guys. That doesn't
seem
right.

This past weekend my son and I were playing a small SGII game. I wanted
him
to detach a SAW marine and a rifleman to lay down supression fire into
this
building on the right side of the street. The rest of the squad was
assaulting the building on the left of the street. I had already had
another
squad laying fire into that left building. The detached team detached ok
and
starting shooting. That left no action for the squad. Next round I
wanted to
assault the left. I wanted the SAW team to suppress the right (major bad
boys in that building). By having the detached unit fire that left only
1
action for the squad, not enough to do what they wanted. I immediatly
changed the rules to say that the detached squad gets 1 action per turn
unless the Squad leader comms with them to give them two. That takes one
from him.

Let me know how everyone else plays this.

Jay Haygood
Concerning record keeping in miniatures: "I pay that little lead fellow
with the Star to keep track of all that stuff. That's his little job. My
job
is to get his little lead butt into trouble. I just want to know if he
is
standing, advancing, fleeing....or if his little lead butt is dead"

jay.haygood@mindspring.com    -or-	 SnailMail:
jhaygood@mindspring.com 			     Jay Haygood

Senior Programmer Analyst				6662 Wildwood
Court
Georgia Baptist Health Care System		Lithonia GA USA 30058

Prev: Re: Mars Next: Re: Re:Something Strange..