Prev: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat

From: "John Phelps" <jphelps@a...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 14:32:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat

>>  At 10:36 AM 8/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>  >I've seen a bunch of different lists of these; here's the version
that
>used
>>  >to hang on my office wall, right under the sign that said "The
beatings
>> will continue until morale improves."  My personal favorites are 23 &
24.
>Enjoy.
>>
>>  Scott, do you know where these came from? Do you know if they're in
the
>>  public domain? I have a friend that would love to use these in a
>roleplaying
>>  supplement, but only if they are non-copyright.
>
>I first got them off my XO's wall in Korea. (No, not during the war,
I'm
not
>THAT old....) Since then, I've seen several different versions, some of
them
>on marketed posters, most just on typewriter/ computer-generated
papers.
I'm
>afraid that's all I can tell you.

A lot of them (maybe 50 or so) appeared in an issue of Challenge (from
GDW), so I'm sure some copyright protection would come from there.  I
had
seen some before that article, and I've seen several that weren't in
that
article, so I would think you could claim them as being in the public
domain.

Alternatively, you could post them saying "The copyright status is
unknown,
I claim no copyright on them as used here, and I intend no challenge to
any
copyright claimed."  That should cover you (at least, according to my
technical writing professor.  :)

John

John Phelps  ****   mailto: pbguru@cris.com or jphelps@austin.apple.com
OIC, Gundi's Gang -- Anything expressed above is strictly my opinion --
Murphy's Law of Combat, #66:
	    The enemy is never watching until you make a mistake.

Prev: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust