Prev: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!) Next: RE: B5 BREWs update.

Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)

From: I wouldn't go out with a woman who I wouldn't trust on belay <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:05:23 -0400
Subject: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)

>On 22 Aug 96 at 11:10, ngilsena@indigo.ie wrote:
>
>> Just in case..There is a spoiler for Walkabout in this message..
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> Considering that we now know that the shadows can be stopped
>> (briefly) by telepaths, I was wondering how do we incorporate
>> telepaths into FT for B5?
>> Should we consider a telepath on board a ship, part of the ships
>> systems for the sake of practicality?  Or is the telepath only
>> affected by mental overload from the shadows  themselves.  Entailing
>> a separate mental attack phase?
>> Or should they be susceptible to the physical damage taken by the
>> ship (although if this was a shadow attack, damage would seem likely
>> to be total).
>You could have them under the same section as crew hits. Or you could
>do them as a system, both work. I think you need to consider them as
>a pre-movement pahse atatck, because one of the effects is the ships
>stop. In fact, they don't even seem to keep going under inertia..

A successfull disabling Telepathic attack reduces speed of Shadow to 0?
Cool.

>> One question to ponder is  would the use of telepaths completely
unbalance
>>  a B5 battle involving the shadows?
>Frankly? yes. All this does is tip the balance the same degree over to
>the other side. Before, a Shadow ship was virtually unbeatable. Now,
>once you lock a telepath onto them, they're BREW fodder.
>
>Given that telepaths can apparently only hold them for so long, some
>system were a dice roll has to be made each round to maintain the
>'lock' might be an evener..

How 'bout....something similar to charging a Wave Gun? After an initial
disabling Telepathic attack on a Shadow ship, roll a die at the
beginning
of each turn. Keep a track of the numbers rolled. Once you reach '10' or
greater (using '10' as an arbitrary number, since I haven't actually
*seen*
Walkabout yet, so don't know anything about the duration mentioned
above)
the Shadow vessel has successfully beat off the Telepathic attack and
can
once again resume normal activities - that turn.

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!) Next: RE: B5 BREWs update.