Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: RE: More ideas on B5

Re: More ideas on B5

From: "Absolutely Barking Stars" <jw4@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 07:49:02 -0400
Subject: Re: More ideas on B5

On 21 Aug 96 at 11:27, Adam Delafield wrote:

> I've just been looking at those great counter sheets (Something to
> 'test' our new colour printer 8-)  ) and have been inspired to
> rework some ideas on weaponry in B5.
You mean that new Techtronics? Git! All we've got is a DJ660..
(whoops, sorry folks, but of Bolton Institute budget envy coming in
there..)

> A couple of final things. The power is provided by the jump point
> generator. If the jump drive is disabled, the beams will no longer
> charge.
Um, er no. In last Saturday's episode, The White Star shut down its'
jump engines and transferred the power to it's BREW - actually a
BYEW, but anyway. An option might be to boost the power of the beam
but at a cost of no high power moves for a while (i.e. only minimal
speed and turn).

> Worse, if it is carrying a charge, and the BREW itself is hit, BOOM.
> The ship takes 1d6 damage for each point stored.
No evidence of this in the series, but I suppose it's logical from
the design..

> So wadayaallthink?
My First thought? I dunno, I remember when an A battery was
something you ran away from. These days, I wouldn't use one to light
a camp fire..

			 TTFN
				 Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans list Home Page  -
	http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: RE: More ideas on B5