Prev: More ideas on B5 Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: Honor Harrington: Ideas for conversion?

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 07:02:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Honor Harrington: Ideas for conversion?

RMMDC@jazz.ucc.uno.edu writes:
@:)
@:) Suggestion for the Impeller wedges and sidewalls for the Honor
@:) Harrington universe:
@:)
@:) We are fighting in a 2D environment, so IMHO a ship is either flying
@:) with it's wedges or sidewalls engagable by the enemy.
@:)
@:) Every ship is simply declared to be in one position or the other,
@:) and it can change between the two during the movement phase.

  This is a good idea.	Those of you not recreating the Honor
Harrington universe might want to consider a similar idea that my
group has been using, with some success (I wonder if any real FT rules
are still buried under our system somewhere?) - the roll manouver.
For two thrust points, a ship can roll itself upside down so that its
port weapons now face starboard and vice versa.  This rule tends to
give somewhat more flexibility to smaller ships, which hopefully can
somehow make up for the fact that most of them don't ever manage to
get off a shot before they get piffled.  Well, actually, I guess
rolling won't help that problem but it means your flaming wreckage
sure will look cool spinning off into space....

-joachim

Prev: More ideas on B5 Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust