Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products

Re: Gen Con '97

From: SGibson260@a...
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 22:11:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Gen Con '97

In a message dated 96-08-18 00:24:20 EDT, cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu (Mark A.
Siefert) writes:

>	The idea about a Star Trek/Star Wars FT game sounds good.  I
don't
>think that there would be too much modification to the rules to play
>(not like a B5-based game) and keep everyone's interest.  The only
>problem I see is the miniature question.  There are quite a few Trek
>inspired minis on the market (Gamescience, SFB, MicroMachines, etc.)
but
>not that many Star Wars minis (the MicroMachines look okay, but they
are
>a little out of scale).  Scratch building maybe nesscessary.

Yes, this is true.  I noticed that at Gencon every game set in the Star
Wars
universe used Galoob micromachines.  With the one exception of the Arena
game
with the six-foot Star Destroyer and a mess of other scratch-built
ships.
 But they also used Galoob micromachines for the fighters.  The Micro
Machine
fighter minis did look great in the Star Wars in Silent Death game,
dogfighting among the asteroids.

And the assualt zeppelin Hendenborg wouldn't have gone down in flames in
the
Origins DS2 game if that one guy hadn't been picking boom chits on every
draw!

Regards,
Steve Gibson

Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products