Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: Gone to GenCon

Re: SG Genre (repost)

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 21:54:03 -0400
Subject: Re: SG Genre (repost)

> A second question, I have not as yet commited any money to 25mm Sci-fi
for
> SGII.  I'm thinking of getting some of the official mini's for the
game
> and using them in my own Universe.  I  tend to like realistic looking
> figures.  What I want to know is how do you rate the GZG figures for
SGII.
>  Which of the nationalities do you like the most.  And what are the
comon
> paint schemes for them.
>
> Thanks
> Hopeing to be playing SGII by the weekend.
> JNoll >>

	Personally, I'm fond of the NSL figs.  They look like they mean
buisness.  Plus, I've got the worlds easiest cammo scheme for them:
paint
them green, drybush them a slightly lighter green, and then use an
artist's
sponge to dab 'em with tan and brown.  Quick, simple, and effective, and
it
makes my Kryomek bunkers look damn good, if I do say so myself.  I also
use
a drafting pen to fill in all of the little lines seperating the panels
on
the Kryomek buildings--it's also a quick procedure, and it has very nice
results.
	Also quite good are the Denizen Federation Space Marines.  Nice
figs, armored, carrying assault rifles that look to be the same tech
level
as the GZG figures are.  Very well detailed, and they are, like the GZG
figs, true 25mm.  I have to admit, they do look a little small next to
my GW
and grenadier figures, but I can live with that.  I use washers to give
them
a bit more height, and beyond that, well....  Different worlds,
different
diets, different gravities, different eugenics programs, etc.
Basically, I
can live with the size difference.
	By the way, could whoever posted the address for the people who
make
the Starblazers minis please do so again?  I work in a store, and I'd
kind
of like to carry them, if at all possible....

		John Crimmins
		johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: Gone to GenCon