Prev: Re: Gone to GenCon Next: RE: SGII digression

Re: I survived GenCon!

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 18:31:22 -0400
Subject: Re: I survived GenCon!

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Mike Miserendino wrote:

> Mark wrote:
> >A Mr. Keith Johannsen told me
> >that the mini's were indeed for sale and are part of an upcoming
(this
> >fall) space combat game called (Come on, guess.) "Starblazer."  He
has

> When I stopped to check out a mecha-style game, a friend pointed out
several
> Starblazer ship cards.  I'm not sure if they were used in the
Starblazers
> games, but they looked really cool.  The front of the card had a color
> picture of a Starblazer ship while the back had Full Thrust system
symbols
> all over it with several Earth ships using a wave gun or modified wave
gun.
> The card was sleeved in a collector card plastic holder.  This way, as
the
> ship took damage, systems could be marked out with a marker and wiped
clean
> at the end of the game.  Great idea for reusing ship forms.

Since I started play FT (3 months ago -- yes, a newbie) I've always used
overhead pens on copies of the blank ship sheet inside a plastic sleeve.
I'd always done the same thing when using Battletech mech sheets.  But
making card-sized individual ship sheets (they're small enough) and
puting
them in card sleeves is a great idea.  I'd actually put them in 9-card
folder sheets so you have your entire fleet in front of you.  Sure beats
having to redraw each of the ships every new game.

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: Gone to GenCon Next: RE: SGII digression