Prev: Re: Circle of Death Next: Re: Gone to GenCon

Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW

From: a210486@t... (kosta kalogeropoulos 956-6476)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:20:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Mudside Thrust, or GZG meets ACW

Someone wrote:
>My group uses the minis (Thoroughbred 1/600) with Excalibur's
"Ironclads" rules,

>While there is a few charts to use, in my opinion, the game is very
simple to play
>and the detail and special hits are really cool.

I would have to agree w/ the above comments. While I also have tried
'Age of Iron'
rules; 'Ironclads' is simple and easy to get into with a nice amount of
detail for
cases where needed. Playing the 'GZG meets ACW' should provide for a
simpler and
quicker game (the kind I like).

As for miniatures that I'm using for SG2, I also am sticking w/ the 40K
figs. I have
collected in the past. Right now games are put together on the fly, but
I hope I
can create a nicer campaign now that I've created some background
(somewhat similar
to the GZG history presented).

I think the company that creates the Silent Death minis also has a boxed
set called
'Space Rangers' that includes 50 plastic Marines in power armor. A
discount store
I know sells them for under $25 which is not a bad deal considering how
many minis
you get. (These seem to be the oversized-25mm found in 40K and Warzone;
the box says
31mm).

Kosta

Prev: Re: Circle of Death Next: Re: Gone to GenCon