Prev: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: cloaking device rules

Re: Torpedoes

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 18:44:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Torpedoes

<kx.henderson@qut.edu.au>
>> writes:
>>
>> >Can you use ONE FireCon to fire multiple Torpedoes at the same
target,
>> >or must you use a FireCon for each Torpedo tube used regardless of
which
>> >target it fires at?
>>
>> My feeling is that since they are VERY specific about the pulse
torpedo
>> launcher, I ahve always played that each tube requires a firecon.
>
>From the way the particular rule is written, I'd say a single FireCon
>is all that is needed. Also, Needle Beams, which are even more specific
>weapons than pulse torpedoes, only require one FireCon if all Needle
>Beams are firing at the same specific target. So I don't see any reason
>why pulse torpedoes should be any different.
>
>If they do each need their own individual FireCon, it can make them
>very expensive (especially for smaller ships, which can't afford to
>spare the limited number of FireCons they get free).

I use one firecon per target for all pulse torpedoes bearing on that
target.
It would seem logical that the same weapon type could share a single
firecon
for the same target since the weapons operate the same(same rate of
fire,
range, etc. - essentially using the same target solution).  It would
appear
that the manual follows this approach with weapons such as needle beams
sharing firecons, but not sharing a firecon with another weapon type.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: cloaking device rules