Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Anime Missile Swarms

Re: Gone to GenCon

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 01:18:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Gone to GenCon

At 10:35 AM 8/7/96 +0200, you wrote:

>(shouting, so that he'll hear me in Milwaukee) TELL US POOR S**S WHO
>COULDNT MAKE IT ALL ABOUT IT WHEN YOU GET BACK!!

Well, got back about two hours ago after a 12 hour drive. GenCon wasn't
bad,
but I thought last year was "better." There was certainly more of a buzz
in
the dealers room last year and it looked busier (though the dealers room
was
a bit smaller last year). There were many of the same dealers as last
year.

I had a good time, though I only got one game of FT in. It was a good
game,
but I felt that it was too long for a novice game (after 3.75 hours of
which
0.5 of an hour was rules descriptions, the game was still at least an
hour
from finishing). However, the game was fun and well run. The figures
looked
great and a couple of new converts to the game went looking for the
rules. I
watched a couple of other FMA games, and they looked good.

I saw Jon Tuffley, but never got a chance to say "hi" or thank him for
his
work. Mind you, he seemed tired so I think people were keeping him busy.
My
biggest disappointment was I didn't get to see many of the mailing list
crowd. I met Mike Miserendino (hi, Mike!) but I couldn't make it to the
mailing list meeting. My friend Chris Smith, in the AOI game, met Mark
Siefert. I think next time (i.e. next GenCon) we should see if we can
find a
table somewhere and play a game of FT or SG2!

>PS Why are plane tickets across the pond so d*****d expensive?

I'm not sure what it costs in Britain to come over here, but it actually
costs about as much to fly to Alberta or British Columbia form Ontario
as it
does to fly from Toronto to Britain (the distances are similar, though).

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Anime Missile Swarms