Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross)

Re: Fleet Books

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 05:14:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Fleet Books

In message <009A6985.271898A0.59@basil.acs.bolton.ac.uk> Adam Delafield
wrote:

> >What about getting some of the people on the list to design these
> >fleet books?  I'm sure it could be done.
>
> But why would you want to do it? I for one would be against any idea
that
> any other persons NAC cruisers were more 'proper' than my own designs.
>
> The only possible benefit of having 'fleet books' is for tournaments,
but
> in this case I'd prefer to limit all fleets to the 'generic' designs.

I'd agree with this last point, but it might be interesting to see
what fleet configurations other people use.

> If you wanted to build up a background and selection of designs for
your own
> use, then that is a different matter.
>
> >If I have time I might give it a shot.

Well, my own ship designs are already in electronic form, and as soon
as I get the time to make use of the 5MB of web space Demon have so
kindly given me, the designs for my Neu Swabian League ships will be
made public. Of course, I make no claims that my designs are any more
official or better than anyone elses (hey, they can't be official
because I don't even use GZGs names for the ship types!).

> By all means, and let us know what you get. Bear in mind that you
should
> use c and b batteries on at least some of your ships.

Why? Actually I know why, I just don't necessarily agree. Restricting
use of A batteries on raider, private or otherwise 'backward' fleets
yes, but I don't agree with doing so for the major human fleets.

Of course, others may disagree...

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Torpedoes Next: Proposal: "Full Thrust: ANIME" (Was Re: Macross)