Prev: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell... Next: Re:WWW Image Archive...

Re: Anime Missile Swarms?

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 20:37:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Anime Missile Swarms?

At 11:31 PM 8/9/96 +0000, you wrote:
>The missile rules in FT don't seem to fulfill
>this description (nither do the submunition packs).  So, doing a little
>fiddiling with the fighter rules I came up with:
>
>	THE ANIME-STYLE MISSLE SWARM!!!!
>Created by Mark A. Siefert
>

>	Of course, these rules are subject to change.  I want some ideas
and or
>criticism before I come up with a final draft.
>
>What do you think, sirs?
>
>Later,
>Mark

	Oh well--I hate it when somebody beats me to the punch. Here's
my
proposal for anime missiles...

	ASM Racks and Magazines

	ASM Racks take up 4 mass and have a cost of 10. Each Rack
launches
salvoes of anti-starcraft missiles. An ASM Rack holds four salvoes. An
ASM
Rack can launch up to two salvoes per turn during the firing phase. If
the
firing ship is using two fire control systems to fire on two separate
targets, the ASM rack may fire one salvo on each of the two targets, if
the
owner wishes.
	ASM salvoes move and attack as missiles in MT, except they get a
3
point turn at mid-movement. However, each salvo does 1d6 of damage,
bypassing shields.
*DAF fired on salvoes reduce the damage salvoes do by rolling 1d6 each
and
reducing the salvo's damage by that amount. If any salvo is reduced by
six
or more points of damage it is taken out of play immediately. Otherwise,
ADAF reduction fire is recorded until the salvo's die is rolled (at the
point of its declared attack.)
	ASM salvoes can be targeted on fighters as well--if they hit,
each
point of damage kills one fighter. Fighters may fire on enemy ASM
salvoes
whenever they are within 6" and within the forward arc of the fighters.
The
fighters roll as if they were attacking enemy fighters; each "fighter"
killed is a one point reduction to the salvo.
	ASM racks may launch salvoes at any target within a 360 degree
arc
of the ship they are mounted on. However, ASM racks are mounted facing
either Forward, Port or Starboard. The difference is the starting facing
of
the ASM salvo, either directly ahead or 90 degrees to left or right as
appropriate.
	Magazines take up 2 mass and have a cost of 5. Each Magazine
holds
four salvoes for use with ASM racks. Each Magazine can load either two
salvoes onto a single ASM rack in one turn or one salvo onto each of two
ASM
racks. Magazines reload ASM racks after the firing phase and may do so
on
the same turn an ASM rack has fired. This does not increase the number
of
firings the ASM rack may conduct in one turn.
	A Magazine may hold four "rounds" of submunitions fire.
Submunitions, however, being externally mounted may not be reloaded in
game.
Magazines may hold submunitions for the purposes of reloading
submunitions
racks outside of combat. Magazines may hold any combination of ASM
salvoes
and submunitions rounds. Merchant ships may purchase Magazines (but not
ASM
racks) for the purposes of providing reloads to military vessels.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Battlepod Swarm from Hell... Next: Re:WWW Image Archive...